Friday, April 07, 2006

More crazy

As of tomorrow, i'll be exactly HALFWAY through my marathon training, and in the midst of all this, I have elected to do another marathon. (ok, the decision is about 90% made, anyway). Mind you, I haven't even run HALF of one yet (as I said though; that will change tomorrow) but I'm already about to get signed up for another one. Why?

Yeah, funny the ways in which people are motivated. Personally, I'm motivated by a Tiffany Necklace. Not just any old one, mind you; they don't carry it in stores. If you finish the Nike Women's marathon (in san francisco), you get a custom designed Tiffany Finisher's Necklace.
I must have one.

So, I guess I'll have to buy stock in Icy Hot...hopefully they'll give me some free coupons for some of their instant cold inserts for their knee brace.

But, as for updates for my current marathon: Tomorrow, we hit mile 13. I've finally started to comprehend that there's NO WAY that i'll be able to complete this thing injury free if I don't do my midweek trainings. Of course, i realized this as my midweek trainings have nearly TRIPLED from what they originally were!!! (we started out with 20-25 minute runs at the beginning; now we're at 60-70 minute runs, three times a week). My knees are sort of ever so gradually making peace with me (i think), and as usual they don't hurt when i run, but make me their b**ch afterwards. I've gotta figure out a way to get around that; i think i may start taking some serious glucosamine....Wait, i guess that means they're not making peace with me then...
Thats ok, i'll just get Michael to massage them for me and i'll be ok. (Michael is my sweetie, btw....and he gives a killer knee massage. I know, interesting credentials to have, but if it works, it works!)

At this point, i've run in the rain and in some serious cold. I'm not looking forward to running in the heat, because as sweaty and yucky as i get in the cold, i'm not looking forward to what the heat does to me, and that includes the tan lines in strange patterns and places. I guess i'll just have a runner's tan...But, if i'm going to run in a marathon in october, i suppose I'll have to just DEAL with it because I have to train through july, august, september AND october. So, i better make friends with the heat. (and some sunscreen).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home